T-top or Bimini? - Fly Fishing Forum
Stripers and Coastal Gamefish Stripers, Blues, Inshore tuna!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-09-2003, 09:41 AM

T-top or Bimini?

I was wondering about the merits of a T-top vs. Bimini on a 20'cc.

I am a fly fisherman 95% of the time. My concern is that a T-top will get in the way and just be a place to snag my line consistantly - or am I mistaken and is this more myth than truth?

Should I go with a Bimini instead? I can always put a Bimini all the way down and lay it on the transom...

I need sun protection for when the family is onboard...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-09-2003, 11:07 AM

T Tops

What about removable T Tops??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-09-2003, 12:18 PM

go with the t-top.You will learn quickly not to cast into it. You don't cast over your buddy's head already, so this shouldn't be a big deal. or wear a hat and lots of suncream.
Old 05-09-2003, 01:30 PM

I'd second the hat and sunscreen. Other than that it's a hard call, the t-top gives you some nice features like putting the electronics up at eye level, freeing up other space. The T cannot be folded down and will act as a sail. Coming from a Yak to a CC I don't even like the 8' antenae on my console. I'm sure whatever you choose, you'll get used to it and work around the problems. I think if I had a t-top my little one would climb it like a jungle gym
Old 05-09-2003, 06:14 PM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

I would vote T too... before I sold my CC I never cast over the deck. One rod fore and aft off the ends, outdrive down always puts the bow away from the wind for the bow caster and the transom gunner gets the water load duty but the l-o-n-g retrieve time.

Besides that folded bimini gets in the way - stick with a clean transom IMHO.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.