Thanks to Fred - Fly Fishing Forum
Stripers and Coastal Gamefish Stripers, Blues, Inshore tuna!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-05-2003, 05:05 AM

Thanks to Fred

Thank you Fred for hosting the first Clave of the season. It was a fun event. Got to see JBasser's secret flies and hear his great stories. Great to finally meet the Doc, Dave , Jim , Case and Nick. Got a first hand look at the Ironman's Feather Brain Clouser. Good to tip a few brews with Juro. It only gets better from here on in. FishHawk
Advertisement

Old 05-05-2003, 05:09 AM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

Hear hear! GREAT JOB Fred, and everybody who pitched in to make it a great event. The choice of Olde Inn for dinner was outstanding - I will definitely be stopping in there again. Fantastic weekend, thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-05-2003, 09:18 AM

Thanks for everything Fred! Weather could have been better but I still had a great time!
Old 05-05-2003, 09:53 AM
President of CAC

Thanks fred for puttibng it together..I only wish I was able to stay for dinner and fishing the next day...
Old 05-05-2003, 12:31 PM
Pencil me in.....

Great job Fred! Very nice place, good fishing, and food & drink. Now onward to the maxiwings
Old 05-05-2003, 01:34 PM
deeply obsessed fly-guy

Thanks to Fred

Hear, hear!

Fred, many thanks for making a great weekend! Worth every minute of windshield time to meet new and old friends, learn more about the area and watch the esteemed JFBasser score a triple.

Not to mention a super dinner (way to pick 'em, Case) and schoolies in the tub on a perfect Sunday morning. Take care guys and remember that Joisey is only 6 hours away this fall!

Best regards,

-Doc
Old 05-05-2003, 06:49 PM

Fred, You are a very gracious host, Thank you for your hospitality for sure, but more so for your friendship. I had a blast! No fish, but a great time! My first real experiance in a yak, I enjoyed that as well.
OK, so you guys all know I like to eat! , the dinner was incredible, but then again, it allways is when good friends get together.
I'm lookin forward to many more trips just like this one. (just so long as I have a couple of live ones on the end of my line!)
Thanks Fred, and the rest of the crew too!
Old 05-06-2003, 06:42 AM
Middle Aged Member

Pleasure's all mine. Too bad about the weather Saturday but you gotta take what's dealt I guess. Unfortunately I only took one pic so it will be awhile (still got 20 some odd to go) before I can post the incriminating shot of Case and John preparing to do battle with the 40mph gusts. Can't complain about the weather Sunday though. That was the kind of spring day you have in your mind all winter.

Fortunatly I didn't have to resort to jbassers miniwing to break the shunk so it's still intact for reference. Thanks much pal and pass on my condolances to the missus.

I'm thinking I'll frame Docs "Ghost". Then again, proper respect suggests I drift it in the surf along South Beach in a couple of weeks. Thanks again Doc.

Dinner was great, would only have been better if the Ironman and a few others could make it. Thanks for making the arrangements Case.

By the way, Fishhawk, Tim Johnson sends "WildBill" his regards. Must be a nickname from a previous life.

Last edited by FredA; 05-06-2003 at 07:23 AM.
Old 05-06-2003, 08:16 AM

Fred, Thanks a bunch for all the work you put into the kickoff. That's a great little piece of Cape you've got there. Based on the reports you were right on target for nailing the first fresh fish. Way to Go!

I made the rounds dropping off the auction gear and got to zip around the cape with no traffic. I even found the Penguins lair

Doc, it was good to put a face to a name. Let me know next time your up this way, by then Plymouth should be cranking and I'll show you around.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.