ReelAngling (new fishing website) - Fly Fishing Forum
Worldwide Flyfishing Discussion Talk flyfishing with members around the world!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-18-2003, 02:26 PM
Recent Member

Send a message via AIM to Brandyn
ReelAngling (new fishing website)

Hi, my name is Brandyn
I would like to invite all of you to a new Fishing Forum Community. But, of course, don't leave this great website! The site address is reelangling.cjb.net We just got the website up yesterday, so more features will be added in the long run.

Thank you for visiting and I hope you become a registered member!
Thanks a ton and tight lines to all!

Brandyn
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-18-2003, 02:57 PM
flyfishing catarafter

Send a message via AIM to Steelheader69 Send a message via Yahoo to Steelheader69
Looks good, but....

You shouldn't openly post a forum/link in open chat. If you want to add this link to your signature, that is fine. I noticed you're younger, so like others we give you benefit of doubt. It's great that you started up your own little bulletin board. I hope it works out for you. Will be great to get your imput on here, and join in on the posting. But please, keep the open links strictly to your signature.

Thanks
Old 04-18-2003, 03:10 PM
Recent Member

Not a problem! Thanks for your welcome and kindness.
Old 04-18-2003, 03:34 PM
extmtbiker

Looks like a younger me, same thing happend to me. I posted m website andpeople didnt like it. Some people were cool about it, and some were pretty bad about it. But goodluck, on you site I have only one member in my forum, no sure why since I use to spam but Visit my forum if you have the time, I would like to get atleast 10 members so I can have information given on my own site. Good talk steelheader!!
Old 04-18-2003, 10:02 PM
flyfishing catarafter

Send a message via AIM to Steelheader69 Send a message via Yahoo to Steelheader69
extmtbiker

Well, the reason people may have jumped on you is for a couple reasons if you'd think about it. First, it's against the guidelines to spam your website except in your signature. Basically, you are breaking the laws of the board. You were at least warned/scolded by those on here. You weren't banned from the board. You had a warning. Second, think about what you and others have done (this is only constructive critiscm). This is Juro's baby, his bulletin board. You may be just trying to get guys to your site, but in long run you are advertising your website, competing with the board here. Say it this way. Rio Fly lines has their website, with free postings for customers. You developed your own flyline, and openly market it on their free posting board. It's a conflict of interest. But, they have a disclaimer, that if you pay a fee you may openly advertise your flyline. Now, if you wanted to pay, then go for it. But if you haven't, you've been spamming your site.

So, no hard feelings, I check out the sites personally when I see them. I know some guys on here lurk on other boards, and they may have jumped you because of that. You had been warned on several boards to stop. You have spirit, and it'll get you far. Just tone it down, stay on the straight and narrow, and use ethics. People have told you what you were doing wrong, and hopefully you've learned.

It was no problem Brandyn. I saw you were young and probably new at this game. So I checked out your BB and then let you know what was up here. Hope you get involved here. A great group of people and alot of knowledge on just about every aspect of fishing. Make sure you check out ALL the forums, there are plenty to satisfy any problem you may encounter.
Old 04-18-2003, 10:42 PM
Sponsor

I remember the days (not to long ago) when I was young and passionate about my first websites and desperately wanting someone to check them out. All I can say is keep up the work guys and it will pay off some day. Everything I know about programming has been self taught doing exactly what you guys are doing. Just be patient and before you know it you'll be sponsoring sites like these and be giving others like yourselves a little pep talk!
Old 04-18-2003, 10:50 PM
Recent Member

I have been working on websites for 3 years and have made websites for many businesses. I'm also self taught. I have also been fishing my hole life
Old 04-19-2003, 02:58 AM
flyfishing catarafter

Thumbs up Wow Brandyn

You've been building the since you were 12???? Dang. I wish we had computers like this back then. I had an old commodore 64 and an old apple/mac. We had to actually write our code/programs back then. Just to do simple tasks on the computer.

I'm not "old", but am 33. Been fishing my whole life too. But couldn't build a site to save my life. LOL. The one's I've built so far are simple free pages. But, am not worried about getting people to it. I can barely keep up with fly orders as is with only word of mouth, let alone having site running full bore.

Good for you all. Just make sure you go about it the right way. Buy some sort of link on here. Ask for help, and see if word of mouth can get you more people. I started out as a charter member of the 3 largest fishing BB's in the Northwest. One I was pulled to by word of mouth from a friend who's a writer for STS. Next thing you knew, it was flooded with posters. Now has some big name sponsors in the fishing industry. Just takes time and being legit.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.