Salmon River Spey Clave - Fly Fishing Forum
Great Lakes Steelhead & Salmon Amazing "Inland ocean" fisheries

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-12-2003, 10:43 AM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

Salmon River Spey Clave

Sounds nice doesn't it? Topher and I have been talking about a Spey get together on the Salmon River in Pulaski during April. This will be the second spey clave in the great lakes region in April, but this one only requires car travel for those of us on the east coast.

I just had a long chat with Mike Miller at DSR and I think it's good timing for such an event. The crowds are thin and the water is warming up, it's not the peak of the run by any means but all the fish are in the river and the weather should make for some pleasant spey discussion, demos and instruction for anyone who visits. I am sure there will be fish tales as well.

Come check out the new CND rods, or any of the other fine rods that will be available for trial - there will be a rack of them I'm sure.

Lodging options are plentiful, this is the fly angler's time on the river with all the other options pulling the winter masses off to other venues.

Whether you're a beginner or would like to put on a short instructional talk or demo, you're welcome to attend.

Let's have a show of hands of potential attendees, based on this initial response we will progress to a list of committed attendees.

Anyone interested in a late April spey clave?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-12-2003, 11:06 AM

Marco an I are booked there 24th through 29th, however we seem to be striking out booking a guide. We'd both like to go but I really need a guide for him, or at least somebody to 'show him the ropes' up there. If there are any Salmon river guides going up for the 'clave, let me know.
I've never speyed anything other than cats,but would be game to learn, or at least watch it done.
Old 04-16-2003, 04:47 PM
Recent Member

Thumbs up Sounds Good!

I may be looking for a new rod.
Old 04-16-2003, 07:20 PM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

Josko -

Sorry just saw this post...

Also contact our sponsor http://flyfishri.com, capt. Bob Hines who fishes and guides up there as well as RHody in the summer. Bob is a hot ticket and a very knowledgable guide.

I would also suggest a call to Mike at Douglaston Salmon Run, easily found via google.com

The winter guides might be past their main season(?)

After suggesting the above clave, April is getting pretty socked in for me (Easter, Michigan Clave, etc) and I am not sure I can do it on a weekend (ruling out most participants). If I get out there mid-week during the time you and Marco are out there, let's try to hook up!

Zipizing -

The rod info (sponsor) is at http://cndspey.com . I still have hope to get up there but it may be a mid-week visit. I'll let you know either way.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.