Fly Fishing Forum banner

Last Chance to Save Area 9!

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Leland Miyawaki 
#1 ·
Fellow Flyfishers,

I have heard from sources that we have one last chance for a last minute stay of execution.

If you are concerned about the closure of this beach fishery (and boats too), send an email to WDFW Director Koenings at: director@dfw.wa.gov

Here is what I sent. Please DO NOT COPY. It will be much more effective if it is your own words.

We are in the last hour of our appeal process. Send asap.

Thanks,
Leland.

Dear Jeff,

I am very upset that the WDFW is closing Area 9 to all salmon fishing during July in exchange for a chinook kill season during April.

Isn't this closing terribly unfair to people who, during tough economic times, are looking for an inexpensive summer holiday at the Area 9 state parks (Casey, So. Whidbey, Flagler etc.) who will want to fish from the beach; don't have or can't afford boats; and definitely those of us ply the beaches with our flyrods in the best area in Puget Sound to catch and release salmon from the beach?

I implore you to intervene in the North of Falcon process going on now in Vancouver and stop this July closure in Area 9 and show me that the WDFW has a social conscience.

Thank you,

Leland Miyawaki
Kent, Wa.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.