Last Chance to Save Area 9! - Fly Fishing Forum
Ocean Flyfishing for Salmon Perhaps the most under-rated fishery in the world

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-08-2003, 02:28 PM

Last Chance to Save Area 9!

Fellow Flyfishers,

I have heard from sources that we have one last chance for a last minute stay of execution.

If you are concerned about the closure of this beach fishery (and boats too), send an email to WDFW Director Koenings at: director@dfw.wa.gov

Here is what I sent. Please DO NOT COPY. It will be much more effective if it is your own words.

We are in the last hour of our appeal process. Send asap.

Thanks,
Leland.

Dear Jeff,

I am very upset that the WDFW is closing Area 9 to all salmon fishing during July in exchange for a chinook kill season during April.

Isn't this closing terribly unfair to people who, during tough economic times, are looking for an inexpensive summer holiday at the Area 9 state parks (Casey, So. Whidbey, Flagler etc.) who will want to fish from the beach; don't have or can't afford boats; and definitely those of us ply the beaches with our flyrods in the best area in Puget Sound to catch and release salmon from the beach?

I implore you to intervene in the North of Falcon process going on now in Vancouver and stop this July closure in Area 9 and show me that the WDFW has a social conscience.

Thank you,

Leland Miyawaki
Kent, Wa.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.