MSBA show 100 Fly Raffle - Fly Fishing Forum
Stripers and Coastal Gamefish Stripers, Blues, Inshore tuna!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-22-2003, 07:21 PM

Thumbs up MSBA show 100 Fly Raffle

And the lucky winner is:

Paul Whitten with ticket number 657294

Congrats Paul - you will surely enjoy these for some time to come. Looking at them at the show all day I couldn't help but think of all the members who donated them and what a great collection of flys and perspectives on tying.

Thanks again everyone who contributed.

Juro, Tod - thanks for all the booth help and putting us over the 100 mark. Rich thanks for covering the booth while I took the quick tour of the show.

There was a fair number of people who were interested in getting started in SWFF - I hope we see you guys posting someday soon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-23-2003, 12:19 AM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

Jim -

Really glad I came down today, it was a rockin show! You did an awesome job pulling this together and we all owe you a big KUDOS buddy.

Great to chat with Tony S. and many familiar faces from the striper scene.

Even met a spey brother who spends a lot of time on the Mattapedia and GL rivers too.

Cool show, fun time. Hope the booth fees help keep MSBA going strong as the oldest fishing club in MA.

Congrats Paul!
Old 03-24-2003, 08:41 AM

Nice job Jim, you guys did a great job representing the Forum.

Having been out of touch with the group, I have to say I was very impressed with the efforts to donate flies for the raffle.

Roop
Old 03-24-2003, 04:30 PM

I dropped by the show on Sunday to visit and donate my flies. Ooops no one there - sorry Jim. I walked the show and met one of the MSBA head honcho types. He had purchased something on the order of 30 tickets and didn't win. He was laughing about this while I reached into my pocket, pulled out my flies and pressed them into his hand. I told him about our claves and I wouldn't be surprised to see him at one of our future gatherings - I only wish I could remember his name.

Gregg
Old 03-24-2003, 06:30 PM

Roop, good to see you Saturday, with a whole lot of rubber I might add

Gregg, I couldn't do both days sorry I missed you. I told the guy from folks at the booth next door they could use it for a play pen on Sunday. The little guy next door pulled the winning ticket out of the hat. The gentleman you are refering to bought $20 worth of tickets mid-day and then came back for $20 more around 4pm. When he dropped the 2nd $20 I told him to take any fly he wanted and I would replace it. Bob, I think his name is, chose one of Ray's angel hair flies, a good choice (one of Slingers). I also gave him a quick lesson on the gartside gurgler. I could not believe he didn't win I felt bad where he dropped so much cash, but that's how raffles go. He must have been phyched when you hooked him up with a handful of flies. If he hooks up with us on a clave I'm sure he'll feel like the $40 was well worth finding the group.

I enjoyed giving a few lessons to some youngsters on tying the deep eel and tied the biggest (fly?) of my life.
One guy came by the booth and wanted to get a huge jig with a rubber body doctored up with a collar to hide the area where the rubber met the jig. This thing must have been a 6 oz. head with a foot and a half long body, really there are pictures. I put a black fox tail collar on it, he bought some raffle tickets and was happy as a clam.
Old 03-24-2003, 06:37 PM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

:eyecrazy:

Old 03-24-2003, 06:51 PM

Yup after putting that 8/0 in my vice it will never be the same again. :hehe:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.