Excellent Photo's!!

Glad you finally lost 'your virginity.'

fae
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-01-2003, 11:36 PM

Enjoyed the tour, Hal!

Congrats. I finally ended my streak of fishingless weeks on April 17 at 27--over half a year! Now if I can just get back out and get the feeling you had recently...

--Bill
Old 05-02-2003, 09:16 AM

Nice pics Hal.
Old 05-02-2003, 12:01 PM

But where are the other pics???

What about the other pics?? You know, the ones of bambi stretched out on the edge of the pavement???:hehe: :hehe:

Seriously, nice pics and kudos to Hal.

BobK
Old 05-03-2003, 09:35 AM

Bobk

Bambi hitting the Trail Blazer is going to cost me $ 500 my deductible. Car goes into tomorrow to have the drivers side door fixed. I have the mental picture of the two bambis bolting across the highway in front of me (20-30 yards away) while I was doing 65-70 mph at 6:00 am in Michigan farm country.

Due to my evasive driving skills I managed to swerve and stop on shoulder missing the first lead white tail. Then heard the big thud to my car, and said oh XXXX. Got out and looked for damage in early morning light at first did not see any. But then saw dent in the door.

I thanked god for allowing me to evade the first deer. If I had hit that one it would have been a frontal hit and it could have flipped up on to the hood into the wind shield, which can be deadly.

First time almost 40 years of early morning and night driving through deer country that I have been hit, actually no other close calls either.

Have to look into the silent animal whistles you can place on your bumper to alert them that something is coming and which may help to scare them away from the road.

There is no reaction time when they bolt across that close and you are doing the highway speed limit which was 70 mph.

I guess I was just due for one of these which turned out lucky for me, could have been a lot worse. Just what I needed to help break The Streak.

PM Out
Old 05-03-2003, 12:43 PM

Yeah. Right.

"It ran right into me." Sure.

Hal had a spear lashed to his car fender and bumper. Also, the wheel wells are packed with mud. He likes to travel the back roads in Michigan at dawn and dusk. Sounds fishy to me! :hehe:

Was that venison steak tasty? How much per pound did it work out to be?

BobK
Old 05-04-2003, 08:34 PM

Bobk

Explain how that deer did this to my car and then ran away and I assume survived ? Can't see how it did not dent that middle bar on the trail blazer door. I think it hit me back end first since I had white hairs on the door, think it tried to stop and slide into car door below that bar.

I could use that $ 500 deductible for Ms. 5120, now I have to wait longer for her.

Yes she it was sweet casting her at the clave. Some day the relationship will be permanent.

Shoot me your home address it its not non public personal information need to send you some steelie flys, I have way to many even after this weeks trip. Maybe I lost 10-15 flys, still have a few thousand in reserves. I tied up another 24 today of new deep egg patterns, that has proven itself this year.

I figure I can give some to you since it is not likely I will be following down a Michigan river any time soon with you using my secret flies.

PM Out
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	white tail deer damage.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	15.6 KB
ID:	1984  
Old 05-05-2003, 10:07 PM
removed_by_request

It's called dent doctors at $75 to $100 to fix.
Old 05-06-2003, 06:32 PM

I thought it was just a new addition to his dogfood program.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.