Fly Fishing Forum banner

Buttermilk Bay 5-24

2K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  juro 
G
#1 ·
Got out tonight and finally broke my slump. Since injuring my finger, I've been nearly fishless. But not for lack of trying.

I strung up the QD and hit Electric Ave beach two hours before low tide and about 20 minutes before sunset. Water was glassy as the storms had not yet begun.

A black beach-glass silverside, fished quickly along the drop off, parallel to shore and with the current, did the trick. Picked up a decent shoolie and a nano-bass fresh from PI. The lightening started soon after the second fish, so I decided to call it a night.

I'm heading for Maine this weekend and could be in the Newburyport area. Anyone for night fishing PI Friday around midnight?

al

#2 ·
AL! I am heading in the opposite direction for the weekend, down Cape. Too bad, I would have enjoyed flinging flies with the fingermeister. You must enjoy raising your hand at people saying see this? while unbeknownst to them you are giving them the 'finger'

Good luck up there, I hear that some stripah are in the coastal river up in Maine and of course it's such a beautiful area. I remember the months I stayed up in the Brunswick area working for BIW, hitting Popham beach, Reid state park and the inlets around Orr's and Bailey's Islands for stripers in summer.

Have a great time and I hope someone hooks up with you for Friday!

#4 ·
Due to family demand, p-u-r-e pleasure! That means mornings and evenings (with the exception of a dinner here and there) will be MINE! I'll be taking advantage of my son's renewed interest and getting as much striper into his mind as I can while he is open to it, and will be hooking up with good friend Sean Fields on Nauset as well. Another chore is to get the beach sticker taken care of.

What's your schedule down there? Any others doing the cape weekend?

#5 ·
I am going down with my girl friend who is visiting from UT. But she is a late sleeper so I will have Friday, Saturday, and Sunday mornings free. Would you be interested in hooking up to do some fishing, anyone else interested. I think I will mainly be hitting the south side. It seems to be doing the best, what do you think?

#6 ·
Not willing to call it at this point... southside start of outgoing where we fished that evening last year might be a hot morning number looking at the tides; also it's not too late for cows on the skinny bayside stuff. Nauset with buddy Sean Fields is a must; and I definitely gotta hook up with Josko over the weekend down his neck of the woods. Monomoy scouting pre-clave? Oh yah, I'll be fitting it in somehow, and I'm out for da' big stuff this weekend! Could be pushing the marital stresspoints the way it's lookin so far!

Anyway, I'll think it over a little more and try to develop some itinerary. Let's try to hook up for sure.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.