Fly Fishing Forum banner

RI Beach Permits

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  artb 
#1 ·
I went toBurlingame last Tuesday to pickup my new Beach Permit, and walked away mad:mad: without the permit. The reason being they now will only take a check, cash is not a legal tender in the State of Corruption Rhode Island. On United States Currency " This note is legal tender for all debts, public and private" is not any good in the State of RI. Just forwarning those that get a RI Beach Permit be sure to bring your checkbook, as US currency is no good. Apparently RI state employee's are not to be trusted. :tsk_tsk:

#2 ·
Hmm . . . Makes absolutely no sense to me, but someone apparently felt that it was necessary. Any idea if they have the same policy for paying for campsites?

Q

#4 ·
I think, at the present time it is only beach permits, RI Coastal Management Commission. I am trying to get to the bottom of it, I posted incase someone wanted to pick up a RI Beach Sticker. It is kind of sickening to go down there with that in mind, and come home empty handed.:( Quentin, I guess Burligame takes anything, including credit cards. Like I said I still think it is an illegal move, Can only happen in RI.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.