Fly Fishing Forum banner

North Shore action???

1K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  Warren 
#1 ·
I'll be up visiting my folks in Georgetown (south of Newburyport) next weekend (Dad's day), and was wondering if anyone has been fishing the Joppa flats or Plum Island (ocean and/or sound sides) recently that can give me a heads up on conditions up thataway.
Thanks!
Flydoc

#2 ·
Flydoc,

Have not been there myself, But my friends have been over several times in the last week & report that the fishing was good. My chiropractor landed two nice ones Thursday on 30 & one 32" I think he said. Others report that fishing is good inside & out.

I am scheduled to go this Thursday

#4 ·
Good times

Flydoc,

I have been to the area three times this year, including an early pre-work trip on Thursday.

I have caught plenty of schoolies so far, but no large fish. Nonetheless, you know that the large fish are there. I saw some large fish jumping around during a kayak trip on Joppa last week. But alas no hook-ups.

Enjoy yourself,

Mike

#7 ·
We went out today in the Merrimack & caught some fish today. I wouldn't say it was on fire, maybe good. Nevertheless my partner landed & released two 32 inch class fish. I hovered around keeper class all day. Plenty of schoolies to keep me interested & did a long line release on a Big one:(

Flydoc, Check your PM & email

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.