Fly Fishing Forum banner

Pilgrimage to Mecca....

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  flydoc 
#1 ·
Hopefully the title of this post won't trigger violent protests in the Muslim world. Here are some shots taken just about 30 min before high tide...shot them from the platform about halfway down the stairway, panning from right to left. Doesn't look like that bowl over on the right gets filled in at high tide....wonder where the water in it comes from, as it seems to be more of a salt pond at this stage. If the weather warms up a bit for this weekend, I may venture the Death March to the Southway. Still bitterly cold today...spent a good chunk of it following the futile efforts of the Olympic hockey team...serves them right for leaving Brian Leetch (Bruins' Hall of Fame-to-be defenseman) off the roster:tsk_tsk:
Flydoc

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Thanks for the pics. Last year that bowl had a good sized channel leading into it, probably 40-50 feet wide. You couldn't wade through it unless it was low tide if I remember correctly. I guess it got filled in during the winter.

#3 ·
Doc, spoke to Pete tonight as he was ajusting his sensors and lazer beams around YAC... told me that a new neighbor moved in , a guy named Al Kida... Naturallly , that raised suspicion in his mind...so he is crawling around his yard with blackend face setting boody traps...Oh, you gotta love the Cape in the dead of winter... will this happen to me if I chose to live on the Cape full time at some point in the future?...Just kidding Pete...great talking with you and look forward to seeing you guys at Wilmington....John

#5 ·
Threat annalysis complete...

Perimeter defences appropriately fortified...
House guests to include Mr Mossberg, Ms SigSauer, and friends Smith and Wesson...In residence at least three nights a week...
Enter at your own demise! :whoa:

It's always a pleasure when I hear from those who reside on the DarkSide of the canal...Johnny Scissorhandz...the illusive Roopstealthmeister!

Actually, things are going reasonably well, considering my former life, the depth of winter, and all the options...
The Bunker is well equipped for tying and what ever is needed will be collected at the Wilmington FF Show on Saturday...

Some pics of MyBlueHeaven...

Attachments

#6 ·
Pete- Mr Garand, Mr Colt, and the Bushmaster at your service should the perimeter require reinforcement:hihi:

Still too f@#$! cold for the Death March (what is this white stuff...I was promised in my contract I wouldn't see it on the Cape!). Due for more of the same this weekend, and I'm on call to boot. Guess the long range recon will have to wait until I get back from Florida later in March:roll:

Back to the vise- trying to come up with some tidbits for the snook...
Flydoc

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.