Fly Fishing Forum banner

magic eraser

4K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Slinger 
#1 ·
it was time to clean the boat. black midew in the calking, black spots on the gel coat, stains from leaves, the the cushions looked grey, the nonskid was stained....there are all kinds of acids and elbow grease solutions to this but i stumbled on an unbelievable product: EASY ERASE PADS BY MISTER CLEAN!!!!!!!!!

A light swipe takes care of most of the ills. The nonskid chews them up, but really good stuff! The boat looks so happy now!:)

#2 ·
Eddie,

Thanks for the tip. I am always looking for ways to reduce the elbow grease factor and have never wanted to mess with On Off or the other acid based systems you referred to. I have found soft scrub w/Bleach combined with some good sun overhead does a good job on the non-skid. For the hull I have been using the Collinite wax prep stuff before a good waxing. I will definitely pick some up and give them a whirl next time.

Sean

#3 ·
Yeah those things rock. I use it to clean my pool steps and ladder which over the winter get mighty discolored from the iron and other crap that grows in the pool water over the winter. Imagine they are perfect killer on the old boat as the non-skid on the decks is the same material as my pool steps.

-sean

#4 ·
They really take out those black soled shoe marks that guests usually leave on board your boat. They truely are a great invention along with Bonami cleanser which is made from egg shells and only costs about a dollar a can as compared to those boat compound cleaners that cost like 15 dollars a can.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.