Fly Fishing Forum banner

It's so cold that...

4K views 33 replies 23 participants last post by  Blair 
#1 ·
With consideration for Kerry's post, I am starting this thread with hopes of lightening up a dire situation here in the east...

I'll go first:

It's so cold that I allow the dog to crap in the basement if he wants to. :hehe:

#13 ·
If the temp drops another 35 degrees, it still won't be as cold as it was when my plane caught a case of burning parts in Fairbanks AK...:razz:

#18 ·
An interesting "experiment"...

Take a big mug of some freshly boiled water out on the front porch...and carefully/forcefully throw it out in front of you high into the frigid air.
If it's REALLY "Fairbanks" sort'a COLD...it WON'T hit the ground!
You'll get a big cloud of "ice-fog"...COOL!
That's pretty chilly...'time to break out the fleece!

And, even if you get a "double dog dare you"...
DO NOT put your tongue on that flag pole!!! :tsk_tsk:

#19 ·
The cold you guys are getting is only one of the reasons I left the east in 1979 and the northern rockies in 1991. I do miss the great food in the family owned restaraunts though.

Sean,

Keep reminding your wife of the joys of our "warm" winters compared to the cold of the northeast.

#26 ·
Rooster...you'll be happy to know...

...if it's Sunday and you run out'a beer to toss...the "package" stores are now finally OPEN in the "great" state of Taxachusettes!
The politicians heard you grief and felt your pain! (Teddy must'a run dry too)... :rolleyes:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.