Fly Fishing Forum banner

How do you make a grown man ...

1K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Eddie 
#1 ·
CRY! I never thought it would happen to me but...running from spot to spot... the Winston XTR and Islander reel jumped out of the boat in 60' of water! It flew past me so fast I almost couldn't belive my eyes. WHAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

#2 ·
Eddie:

I was on a tail water a couple of summers ago with a group that had young children. It was about 90 degrees and the first of the warm season. I took off my fly vest and threw it on the bank. The water began to rise really quickly so I grabbed the kids and took them to the bank. I turned around to see my vest, Able reels, Brodin net, and some 2000 flies headed down stream. The vest had my name, licenses, all my phone numbers, ect. Still, I never saw it again.........augggghhhh

John

#5 ·
Eddie,

Do you have any friends that scuba dive? Offer them a couple tanks of air and a 12 pack if they will do alittle salvage dive for you. Hopefully you can get them back to the right spot and retrieve your rod.

Years ago I was diving a fresh water lake and this woman comes up offering me a reward to go dive for her fly rod. I said sure, went and swam out to where she said she lost it. I dived down and it was indeed still there. I got some cash and 15 pounds of lead to make weights with. She had her trusty old fly rod back.

Good Luck,
Greg.

#6 ·
Eddie,

Sounds to me like you have a volunteer.

GregD said:
Eddie,

Do you have any friends that scuba dive? Offer them a couple tanks of air and a 12 pack if they will do alittle salvage dive for you. Hopefully you can get them back to the right spot and retrieve your rod.

Years ago I was diving a fresh water lake and this woman comes up offering me a reward to go dive for her fly rod. I said sure, went and swam out to where she said she lost it. I dived down and it was indeed still there. I got some cash and 15 pounds of lead to make weights with. She had her trusty old fly rod back.

Good Luck,
Greg.

#8 ·
Eddie:

Home owners insurance coverage?

I found out later that if I had reported it properly that my loss would have been covered under my home owners policy. For a thousand dollar set up it might be worth the trouble. Rod, Reel, Fly line, Backing, Leader, and probably fly, you'll have quite a bit tied up in that rig.

I feel your pain buddy, damn, %&%$#&)!..........

John

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.