Fly Fishing Forum banner

Minor observation re: Classifieds...

2K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  bcasey 
#1 ·
I'm surprised that I don't see more stuff for sale and/or trade there. I check frequently while looking for used gear and most of it has been there for a long time...and most of that is spey gear. There's nothing wrong with that but I haven't gotten into spey yet...

Any other classified sites online that you might recommend as well? Thanks guys and I'm enjoying the site.

#3 ·
... and I get lousy fyfishing info on eBay too. :devil:

Frankly, I'm relieved. I think the kinds of sites that are buy/sell have a different personality and purpose.

That being said, a lot of that has to do with posting into a discussion forum instead of an auction or classified section; which we are looking into as a *separate* section in the future.

#4 ·
The "auction site" and "classified site" that are part of Fly Fisherman online have lots of used stuff. Since I'm shopping with Cdn. pesos...er dollars, I have yet to try out a purchase.

http://www.flyshop.com

Click on the link on the left side of the page. This site has just started a change of format, so there seems to be an "old" classified section and a "new" classified section.

Hope this helps,

Ron

#6 ·
Be very careful if you go to the flyshop.com site

it will cost you more money than you're prepared for.:devil:

All silliness aside, good site and I've purchased several things from several different vendors, all without problem. Other than the US mail taking forever, and ever, to get my cashier's check to fellow. Last purchase was the Red. reel and spool. No problems with any purchase to date.
fe

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.