Fly Fishing Forum banner

Rip Trip #2

5K views 46 replies 25 participants last post by  Smcdermott 
#1 ·
I know it's been a tough year from the beach in Chatham but I wanted to orgainize one fall rip trip either the weekend before or after the Roddy clave...one day ....Sat or Sunday... I am getting reliable reports from some of my Chatham local pals that there are big bass down there now and maybe some hard tails.... Need twelve volunteers...for one day..usually 7 am to 4 pm at the south tip...Any interest????????.. We can even look into early October.

#12 ·
GEE, Did

those comfy chairs in your sovereign territories allow you to get a bit soft??? - y'know, HD sells a little Ensolite pad you can carry for under your tooshie - even works as a quick preserver for when they throw you over for whining :whoa: :hehe:

#14 ·
The 'cheap grief' factor in that was explained to Pete before I posted it. The Ensolite garden kneeler padding is tremendous for stuff like avoiding getting your ass whipped by a bouncing boat - believe me, I've wished I hadn't forgotten it on some of my trips too:tsk_tsk: won't happen very often again.

#15 ·
Great response...by the way Dave F....is your post a yes or no? ... I will contact Keith today to get his feel and we will establish two date... the go date and backup....First weekend of October might be the best to get established.... I will get back after I speak with Keith.....

#22 · (Edited)
Spoke to Keith and It's a go...I will check with him this Sunday about exact dates but the first Weekend of October is far enough out... I will work with Juro for a sign up sheet next week...if we can get committements from mor than 12.... we can do a back to back so nobody gets left out. P.S. Lefty...look forward to seeing you in Rody.

#24 · (Edited)
...no pain, no gain...NOT!...

Dave...
I have become pampered and lazy but "ensolite"?!
There is something to be said about uncompromising and unrelenting comfort...
Once upon a time I could be convinced that if it didn't kill me, it made me stronger...I have finally seen the light!
The "doctors" tell me to listen to my body and, personally, I prefer the anti-G "temper-pedic" Swedish foam to cushion lifes irregularitiies...but my comfort vocabulary is full of GoreTex, air conditioning, aleve, tylenol, hot tub, and cold beer...to name a few.
'Tough to fit all that in my RipTripClave bag...
Come join us! I'll carry your stuff...

ps
Juro, the Right Honourable Chatham Mayor, and yours truly on last seasons RipTrip...I'm the one on the right with the AK47weight.:hehe:

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.