Fly Fishing Forum banner

Snowing in CT and MA...

2K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  jfbasser 
#1 ·
Well, it's snowing here in CT and there are reports of the same in western MA.

Tis the season?!

Won't stop me from fishing all day tomorrow. I hope to stay warm fighting fish. :lildevl:

#2 ·
Lots of Ganets doing the Pelican dives yesterday at Weekapaug Point.
Got one runt in the surf. Birds were three hundred yards out. NE breeze at about 15 knots. It's not over yet. The herring run is in full force so better get out pronto!!!! It will be over soon.

Phil

#3 ·
Dble Haul said:
Well, it's snowing here in CT and there are reports of the same in western MA.

Tis the season?!

Won't stop me from fishing all day tomorrow. I hope to stay warm fighting fish. :lildevl:
We only got about an inch of snow in my area. It looks like there was more snow to the south and east.

I think I'll go out and burn some gas and calories tomorrow as well.

Hmm . . . do I start in CT or RI? Or maybe western CT? Haven't fished there at all this year.

Q

#5 ·
Just a dusting in Plymouth but it's very windy.
Here at work there's a good 5"

I don't shovel in November and I don't fish in the snow, at least not for stipes. Could be trout time for me. Those NC Albies are looking real.... good now - one of these years.

Good luck guys.

#6 ·
Better late than never...

Well, Bert and I did make it down to RI on Saturday morning. It was still lightly snowing when we arrived, and we got into fish immediately. For the entire day, regardless of tide, we caught fish. Most were schoolies, but several were between 28 and 30 inches. What a day! :D

We fished betwee Fire District Beach and Central Beach. Most action was on the rocks, although many fish were caught in the wash on open beach. Yellow and/or white deceivers were all that was needed to get the attention of these fish.

A cold day, but well worth the effort. Seeing the gannet show, the swirling fish, the massive amounts of bait...and no signs of bluefish where we were. We're not into counting fish, but we conservatively estimated that we caught about 150 stripers.

Obligations over the next few weeks have probably sealed last Saturday as my last fishing trip of the year. If it was my last, I certainly can't complain. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.