Fly Fishing Forum banner

Early winter on Acklins

2K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  acklinsboy 
#1 ·
We only had a temp of 76 deg. F today on Acklins. Will probably have to open the 'snow shelter' at Delectable Bay to provide relief to the frozen!

Schools will close tomorrow, much to cold.

What you guys think?

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
Certainly, the weather was 'cool' by nw & se Bahamas norms, but these are perfect conditions for bonefishing; 75-83 degs. Fah. I know very little about the subject, I was teasing, however, its not cold in the least or by any standards other than Bahamian!!

The northern Bahamas is in the 60s today! Cool, still not cold! Acklins-77 degs Fah!!!

Further, just 4 weeks ago we had tropical storm Thomas, so there we have it! Mother nature will do as she pleases; send a mainland cold front to the Bahamas and a Bahamain hurricane to the mainland.

Come on down the 'snow shelter' is open!! Bone fish anyone?

77F. is a perfect fall/winter day

Attachments

#8 ·
Swalt said:
Felton, It was cool when we were down there last March and it was in the low 70's when I stayed overnight in Nassau the first part of November. Does it seem to you that the cold fronts are dropping down more often then they used to?
I was there in February and we had 4 cold fronts come through in 5 days. One of them whipped up winds that were gusting to 60-70 knots. At least the last 2 days cleared up and it was beautiful!

I'll happily trade places with you Felton. It has been over 50 degrees here for the last week. Of course tonight there's a winter storm watch in effect with some places expected to get a couple of feet of snow..... :)

#9 ·
Definitely dreaming of wamer climates here. It's very cold and I'm tying bonefish flies and working on the backyard ice rink.

Getting ready for Los Roques in 3 weeks. The on to Acklins in March. I will try and stop by and visit you Felton--and get the grand tour of your place!

#11 ·
Scott most of the time, its only our minds. I believe the records would bear me out; its getting warmer!

I don't expect 76 degs F on Acklins, thus that makes it cold....

The trouble is Swalt, we have a '7 day' vacation and it should be perfect like the money we put down!!!!

You will not find better winter weather than on Acklins! This is a true fact.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.