Fly Fishing Forum banner

Pondering my fall trip...

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  NrthFrk16 
#1 ·
Since everyone's been warning me about the dangerously low river levels expected this fall, the thought of a saltchuck-focused trip this fall is getting more attention in my mind.

I usually come out hot for steelhead and try to fit a little ocean salmon FF in, but maybe I should do the opposite this year. The ocean levels are not going to affect the fishing, with the exception of tides ;)

Between that and the Carolina Conclave my autumn antics should be all buttoned up for 2001.

Any thoughts on this approach?

#2 ·
I would not give up on the steelhead fishing so soon...

But with the large amounts of coho already being caught in the Straight, some to 10 pounds, this late summer/fall is going to be one amazing fishery.

A great idea for a conclave. I would love to get out on the water with some saltwater experts. ;)

#3 ·
We could do a coho conclave out on the straits too - the rental boats are ~$70 / day and can fish three well, two better. Splitting that and pitching a tent makes the trip peanuts. I enjoyed roasting a salmon fillet over alder wood coals on the straits with Vancouver Island on the horizon many times in the past.

Any interest?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.