Fly Fishing Forum banner

Cat Island, Bahamas

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  MartyG 
#1 ·
After getting nearly skunked bonefishing in Anegada in January (big wind) I'm heading to Cat Island in mid April.

Can anyone recommend some good areas to fish?

Thanks - Marty

#2 ·
Cat island bones

Marty.
I spent 2 weeks on Cat island 2 years ago. Scoured the place for a good bone spot, I hate to say it, but good luck. The island isnt really set up for bones, I couldnt find it. There is 2 places that I found good sign of bones though. I guess my timing was off cause I didnt see many . There are 2 creeks that come into the center part of the island. Both of these spots open up into large inland salt lakes that do work off of the tides. Did get a couple of bones, but didnt see many at all, but schools of jacks were great, and small cuda's also came in with the tides. One of the inland lakes is just covered with bonefish tailing holes, like land mines, hardly couldnt walk across it, but must have been the off time for them when I was there, which was about this time.
Cant really remember the locale of these spots, but an island map will show you.
Also some large sharks cruising into these inlets.
Good luck

#3 ·
Cat Island

Thanks for your reply. I'll be at Pigeon Cay Beach Club which has a creek which supposedly holds bones. My books suggest fishing the rising low tide because the flats can be muddy. Were the spots you found on the north side between Alligator Point and Arthur's Town?

Marty

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.