Fly Fishing Forum banner

Have you ever had one of those days?

2K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  Brad 
#1 ·
If any of you were fishing on Lake Taneycomo this weekend, you could not have missed me.

I was all thumbs, left feet, discombobulated, and just plain screwed up.

I get to the river with my newly rented jon boat. One of the locals greets me and says the water is too low for my boat. I dismiss his advice and put on anyways.

So, there I am, in the boat with my duck dog and a trout rises next to the boat. My dog, being the vigilant hunter he is, decides it must be a diving duck and launches himself into the water, amidst the wading fishermen.

So, I am mortified, and decide it's best to leave that little section of water. So I fire up the engine and start heading downstream. Little did I know that the bottom of the river was coming up to meet my boat, and with a loud grinding sound, the prop bites into the riverbed, probably sending the fish into the next county. So, exasperated, I jump out of the boat (sans waders) and push my boat back to the launch where I hope to escape unnoticed.

To all the fishermen out there that day...I apologize. I'm really not that screwed up! We've all had days like this, right?:eyecrazy:

Brian

See less See more
#3 ·
Yikes!

Haven't had a day like that yet, but learning to cast, I have snapped the line and spooked more fish than I have caught the first two years out there... so I know where you are coming from.

Hope next trip is less crashing and more casting!
:D

#6 ·
Usually mine involve forgetting some critical item, thank god I have not had a good dunking in probably 20 years (Knock on wood etc..) the last one was a real cold michigan march dunking into a black muck swamp. Luckily it happened on probably my best single day of steelheading hooking 15 and landing 3 in one morning on St. Patricks day.

#7 ·
Those are the memories that you will always cherish. I got stuck to my waist in a bog in Maine one year and had to wait to get rescued. Later that year I got stuck in a pond on the cape and lost my wading boots trying to get out. Also try to learn from your mistakes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.