Fly Fishing Forum banner

Clear Type 1 Intermediate line

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  phlyphyshr 
#1 ·
I am looking for a supple clear intermediate sink line for stillwater fishing in cold mountain lakes. The one I currently have is a SA and I continually have to stretch or fight the coils in my float tube stripping apron.

The more literature I read the more confused I get. I have read and heard mixed results on Cortland's clear camo, SA Stillwater, Royal Wulff, Airflo, etc. I need to buy a couple (my son and I) prior to a spring trip.

Any advice would be appreciated.

#2 ·
I dont have experience with clear lines in very cold water but can suggest using a shooting head with your choice of running line to combat cold coiling. The head is only 30ft long, easy to stretch and handle - but the running line can be your choice .

#3 ·
I've used the clear camo in an eight weight for Great Lakes carp in June (cold water) and I've used Cortlands little tunny which is a very similar formular for Muskie. In both cases the performance was exceptional. I work for Cortland and know that the clear Camo was designed specifically for coled water stillwater trout fishing to remain flexible by Denny Rickards. In this case I have had no exerience with the competition

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.