Fly Fishing Forum banner

Poaching advise?

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  BigDave 
#1 ·
My dad and mom drive down to Hull Gut every evening hoping to find a cool sea breeze and watch all the people fishing for stripers. They have noticed as of late that a large new group of people have shown up who have no respect for limitation of size. Unforunately this is an ethnic group and my dad says they seem to be a very hard and tough crowd and have intiminated most of the regulars who fish there. They have been keeping every striper they catch be it a 12 inch fish or a twenty inch fish. My dad called me last night so upset and wanted to know who he could call to report this poaching. I have no idea but I told him that maybe some of you over here in the striper section could help with a phone number.
Any help might keep my dad from having a heart failure.
Thanks
OC

#3 ·
Thanks Big Dave

I'll give him that number tonight before I head to Wyoming for a week of fishing. Glad to hear you have a number with a resonse. Out here in the NW we only get recordings and a response days latter.
Thanks again
OC

#4 ·
OC

The Radio Room has been made aware of this. I phoned, hoping to get my buddy (who's away in Europe visiting family) and let him know. I asked who the EPO is for that area, mentioned this entry, paraphrased your info and suggested the EPO might like to know. Also, made mention of your folks not wanting to be targets for making a phone call..............

The EPO for Hull Gut is SGT. Comeau.

#5 ·
Way to go DFix, jumped on that like a cat on a mouse:smokin: I hope that the EPO shows up and throws the book at all of them but good. But I have my doubts been there done that, called DEP here in CT. one day to report a poacher phone rang easily more than 75 times before I gave up, my buddy and I took matters inot our own hands and took the guy's illegal fish he had hidden and threw them all dead back into the drink and then put his burlap bag under the windshield wiper as a clue. I would not suggest anyone ever do this but we were beside ourselves with anger that day and just blew a cork and did what we had to.

Tightlines,
Mike Mayo

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.