Fly Fishing Forum banner

Spring Clave????

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Chris 
#1 ·
Just a poke in the ribs to get folks thinking. Rumor has it that the spring clave is going to be the weekend of May 11th. Any truth to that rumor? If so who's the meister and what can I do to help from my remote outpost?

#2 ·
Chris -

Somehow missed this post! We are going to have the Spring Clave in Rhody this year with our freinds from the Ocean State. We plan to visiting the home waters of Peter Jenkins, Salt Water Edge in beautiful Newport RI for the early spring striper show and the mystical work hatch. Hopefully all our friends from around New England will be able to attend as well.

The date will not be May 11; Jenks reports it will be later - besides Capt. Todd Murphy is hosting a come-as-you-are Cape clinic for those who are interested on that day.

As the date grows nearer we will have lots of information available. Let's plan to do a downeast clave this year in your neck of the woods as well, maybe June?

#3 ·
I'll see what I can pull together. I've been in Florida for the last week, Ians Make-A-Wish trip to Disney, so I've been out of touch For June, Maybe if the head count is right we can get some deals at a dive motel or something. I hate to admit it but I'm not real familiar with the Popham fishing scene. I need to brush up on it. I do know the Gardiner, Augusta and Waterville area striper haunts but wading is limited and without some small boats access is limited. We could get 4-8 castrs in
Augusta but the rips are limited. A fleet of Yaks would be very effective. Any fishing above Augusta requires a license. There is also some excellent trout fishing in Fairfield in the Kennebec, Tons of wadable water and super caddis hatches in June. If anyone is interested I'm sure some of the local boys would be able to help with spots in the southerly portions of the state.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.