Fly Fishing Forum banner

Jungle Cock Attractor Popper

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  striblue 
#1 ·
This fly is dressed to go out!....maybe dinner at the Chatham Bars Inn you say..... Hook- Varivas long shank #2/0..... Tail..White bucktail, then olive krystal flash, then Light Olive bucktail, then flanked by green grizzly hackle, then Badger hackle tied higher. Head- Long popper, with top of Partridge feather, sides, Green grizzly hackle and Jungle cock eye, bottom, silver speckled epoxy. First coat of epoxy sets in the feathers, second coat finishes the job. This is not copied and goes with my thinking of dressing up the popper head to flow with the tail.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
John

Fabulous! I was wondering how JC would look under epoxy - thats one sultry looking attractor!

Definitely piushing the envelope - where will you go next?

#5 · (Edited)
Thanks for the kind comments...Bob, the hackles are layed front to back to flow into the tail hackles.. you are right ,it is easier to work with by laying the hackles on the epoxy, tapping down in place, moving it till it is flush, then cutting off the extended pieces after the first coat sets. Let me edit this... I lay the hackle with the tip of the hackle to the back of the popper and extend the hackle beyond the popper face... The extended portion is the wide part of the hackle ,or the base, and then cut off.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.