Fly Fishing Forum banner

"Paddle" for your 'yak?

2K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  flyfisha1 
#1 ·
Probably want to spend no more than $100 for a yak paddle. Any suggestions? If it matters, I do a lot of upper-body weight training and am not concerned in the least with a paddle that is slightly heavier than others, though obviously I want one that doesn't flex too much and rob the stroke of energy. I'll try several out when I go to test the yaks, but just wanted some feedback before hand from those of you with experience. TIA...

#3 ·
Why not support a sponsor. Check with Billingtonseakayak or capecodkayak. These places are hands on shops, but they may be willing to ship one to you. Both banners are rotating on this page at the top. If you do go that route, tell 'em the forum sent you.
Carbon fibre all the way if you can swing it.

#4 ·
Why are you gonna have to go into $200 range??? - Christ, I've got a Harmony 240 aluminum shaft I found for under $100 and I don't think the glass shafted job I got from Art Burton was anywhere near $200 NEW. I don't want to sound like a smart-A$$, but I'd try that web-search again. And, yes, the sponsors should be checked out for their respective best deals -

What are shipping costs from MA to FL??? :rolleyes:

#8 ·
Mark's right, the paddle I won is nice. Can't wait to give it a whirl soon. Might have to take a paddle Sat. Morning.

Nick

#9 ·
I'm sure there are some great deals out there; the place I'm going to pick up the yak price matches and I get 10% off the purchase price that I can get either as cash or accessories. So, I'll end up paying around $80 for a $140 paddle.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.