Fly Fishing Forum banner

Striblue and Penquin at the Clave

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  jfbasser 
#1 · (Edited)
Here is a photo of honored guests for Sunday brunch at the Clave. That's Stri trying to anchor Pete's boat, but as you can probably notice he is struggling considerably. Rumor has it that Stri is considering purchasing his outfits from another source. Ex Officio does not offer STOUT sizes any more.......Very good brunch guys. Good to see all the clavers.

From the Nearside

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
What the Right Honourable Mayor of Chatham was really doing...

John was successfully attempting to overcome the strain of a taught anchor bungee rig...
I rigged the stern anchor with a HD bungee shock section (approx 15' at rest and 45'+ stretched to the max)...
After setting the stern anchor with the bungee, the boat was motored so that the bow was in knee deep water and the bungee under heavy load...the bow anchor was then set on dry sand and line paid out allowing the stern bungee to retreat the craft back into deeper water so as to not allow a grounding by the retreating tide.
The photo of John caught him pulling the boat back into the shallows prior to departure...I boarded while John held against the shock cord, started the motor and powered up until John and the bow anchor boarded...Rear anchor w/bungee gathered in and off we went...
'Worked pretty slick!
I've been playing with this notion and it was fun to see it work so well (even with a stiff quartering on shore breeze)...
Thank you Johnny Scissorhandz...Maybe next time we'll find some exotic T-tails!?

#5 ·
Holy Penguin Stuff.....sounds like someone could have been hurt...., sometimes me think that the phlightless bird is having flashbacks to mock 7 mode...., sounds like all survived and only needed to adjust ascots..., we all know how important it is to control the equipment and clothing variables in any sporting activity....,
Guys, you don't know how bad I wish I was there to particate...,
Things are fine out here, grape harvest is in 4th gear and the wine is fermenting. For those wine affectionados out there, 2004 will be one of those years that made CA wines famous, light crop, unbelievable quality. Great grapes make great wines, just remember that. With that said...., we won our first medal in the CA State Fair, a silver for our 2002 blend, this was the same stuff that I bought to the springclave.
CO Elk bowseason starts next weekend, I should be there in mid September, possibly earlier. All reports point to a bumper crop there, also, so...., if I don't see you guys in the 9th month, I look forward to the Springclave.
NOW, for the important stuff, how was the fishing at this years Boneclave?
All the best,
Rooster

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.