Fly Fishing Forum banner

J. Kennedy Fisher Blanks

8K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  mulligan 
#1 ·
I am interested in obtaining graphite, glass and boron blanks made in the 1980's by Joe Fisher. Does anyone know of a source?

#2 ·
part of your request.

I can help you a little. this is all second hand, so beware.
When Fisher went bankrupt, he sold out to a geophysicist from Sacramento. He knew nothing about marketing, and had to sell out after about 2 years

East Branch Rods in New York went belly up about two years ago. There were two principals in the company. I think that one went to Loomis or Powell and recently bought out the company. the other bought out the geophysicist from Sacramento with the hopes of starting a new company. He ended up with all of the rods that Fisher had built, including the experimental. The word is that the new owner is somewhere in Souther California

Occasionally a new Fisher shows up in the auctions. apparently the new owner has a friend that builds rods. This builder gets ahold of a few blanks, and offers them for sale.

there may be a fw leads in the rumors above that you could track down. Also try this: some kind of link to Fisher
http://www.fishticker.com/Fishing/Fly_Fishing/Fly_Fishing_Tackle/Fly_Rods/1708.htm

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.