Fly Fishing Forum banner

Comments on the Scierra XDA fly line

4K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Martin 
#1 ·
"Built for extreme distance casting". Sounds pretty good...Has any of you used this fly line? Does it really have a 9,5 meter belly connected to a "long, thin, hard and slick running line"?

#3 ·
admin (05-15-2001 05:07 p.m.):
[...]

do you have a website or more information?

[...]
I know a person who has two friends using the Scierra XDA flyline. They're both quite satisfied with the casting performance of the flyline. I haven't been able to find any objective test of the flyline anywhere on the net, though.

Scierra Outdoor Company describes the XDA like this: "A genius flyline designed for casting farther than any other standard flyline on the market. The Scierra XDA line is built on a braided core with a coating especially formulated for the task. Basically the XDA is a perfectly balanced shooting head with a 9,5 meter belly connected to a long, thin, hard and slick running line giving excellent casting and shooting properties. The XDA is designed for long distance casting - therefore it holds a total length of 35 meter. The shooting head taper is developed for fast loading of the rod without a lot of line aerialised. The XDA is designed for distance casting on large rivers, stillwaters and for saltwater fishing - no matter you use a single or double handed rod."

I just ordered the XDA today, and hopefully I'll have it by the end of the week.

Best regards,

Martin

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.