Fly Fishing Forum banner

Bridge Street--Chatham

1K views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  striblue 
#1 ·
Out at 5:30 this morning. Stopped by the light House and bumped into two local buddies having coffee..not fishing. Leon Long indicated that things were real slow..only alittle action in Oyster pond.Started casting with small clousers at Bridge Street on the early incoming.. not a good tide for there but I was there.. no luck. I went back to the car for a nap and woke at 8:30.. tide moving in strong now.. still no action. Bendan O'Brien drove by and we talked for a while and I went home to resume painting...so... not giving up and I will be back down there early evening to give it another shot. Will report later. Great to be down here and casting.

#2 ·
Back out at 8 PM and went back to bridge Street.. two other fly guys and one spinner. All three were there for a while before I arrived. No luck again for them or me. I walked up on top of the bridge and dropped my line in so I could see if anything was in there and saw no fish but did see tons of large squid from 10 to 12 inches long trying to take my fly. If the big girls could have known what feast they could have had it might have been interesting. So... next weekend.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.