Fly Fishing Forum banner

WHISTLER FLYFISHING CAST & BLAST APRIL 29&30

3K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Whistler 
#1 ·
Whistler Flyfishing Cast and Blast weekend April 29th and 30th 2006

A weekend of fly fishing fun featuring the Canadian premier of the critically acclaimed Trout Bum Diaries movie, a spey demo day on the lower Squamish river and the Whistler Open flycasting contest.

The weekend kicks off with the Cast and Blast Spey demo day Saturday April the 29th from 9am to 4pm on the banks of the lower Squamish river by the Mamquam bar.Try the new gear and enjoy the free BBQ and lessons from some of the best speycasters around at the Cast and Blast demo day. This is a free event and everyone is welcome.

The Canadian premier party for the Trout Bum Diaries is set for 9pm on Saturday April 29th.Trout Bum Diaries chronicles the dirt bag adventure of four friends chasing fish in Patagonia, Iceland and New Zealand and features some amazing footage of these exotic locales. The party is taking place at the GLC bar(Garibaldi Lift Company-base of Whistler mountain)with tickets available at Whistler Flyfishing. The cost for the film and party is $10.

The Whistler Open-western Canada flycasting championships is taking place at 12 o'clock on Sunday afternoon. This event will have both professional and amateur divisions. Last year the winning casters walked with a good bit o' swag including $$$$$, fly rods, prints, lines, clothing etc.

Please contact Whistler Flyfishing for more info on any of these events.

whistlerflyfishing.com/newsletter.cfm?newsletter=10

WhistlerFlyfishing
#117-4368 Main Street
1-888-822-3474 or 604-932-7221

info@whistlerflyfishing.com

See less See more
#2 ·
This event is taking place during our best time of year for fishing. Visiting anglers can fish for wild Steelhead and chrome bright Chinook as well as Bull Trout, Rainbows and Cutthroat in a variety of local lakes and rivers. There are some good deals on hotel accomodations at this time. The demo day and BBQ are completely free and I am happy to hook any forum members up with a ticket to Saturday nights party for $5.Here is the poster for the movie premier party:

#3 ·
Whistler!!

Hmmm... very tempting!

I haven't visited with our sponsor in beautiful British Columbia in a dogs age. Hmmm... frequent flyer miles might do it :smokin:

I can tell you first hand that besides the fishing the extra curiculars with the Whistler gang are first rate! Prepare to have a wild time in more ways than one in this most gorgeous part of the world.

#5 ·
Ther DVD's have been available for quite some time. Check your local shop and if they don't have one I would be happy to send you one mail order. The movie that we will be showing is actually a very short version of the selling copy that includes never before seen footage of Iceland and New Zealand.

B

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.