Fly Fishing Forum banner

Lost & Found

3K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  ssully 
#1 ·
Did anyone here leave a flyrod and reel at the Nissitissit River in PEPPERELL MA ?

And a flybox at Salmon Brook in DUNSTABLE MA.

If so email me the details to claim your stuff.

#3 ·
Sully - that's real cool that you are trying to find it's rightfull owner. I wish I had somebody as honest when I lost my last fly rod. Almost too embarrassed to admit this, but I had packed the truck after a long days work to head to camp. Had the wife, kids and dog all in the truck and was putting the rod in, when I realized I forgot something. Well to make a long story short, I got to camp and no rod. Evidently I had set it on the bumper of the truck and never tossed it in, as I had thought.
Put posters all around the area where the rod would almost hve to have dropped off -figured with turns and hills within mile of my house. Also took an ad in both the local paper and another paper, not one phone call - and I was even offering a reward for 1/2 the price of the rod.

We need more honest people like yourself.
TL,
Dave

#4 ·
fliboy, think that's embarassing, I packed up after fishing in Duxbury 2 yrs ago with a freind, we got home about 1:30, so I left my waders and boots in the truck. the next day I went to wash em off... not there... posted fliers for lost items(reward offered) on tel poles in Dux. and my street. ended up buying new waders. the next spring I went to use my x-large cooler... you guessed it, very smelly waders! Tom D

#5 ·
One thing I try to do after losing some stuff, like pliers, etc ,is never,never put anything on your bumper, top of your car or hood. I try to make it a point that when I am finished I open the trunk of my car or the door and heave everything on the seat or the trunk compartment.

#6 ·
John -

I always put the rod on my hood but never my roof or trunk... that way before I drive away I see the error of my ways.

You've probably heard my story about coming alongside a jeep with a flyrod barely balancing on the roof rack.... at 60 mph on the highway! By the time I pointed up at the rack, the guy hit the brakes with a sick look on his face... worst thing to do! The rod flew off and broke into shreds. :(

I have a bunch of these stories, like Bills RPLX 9wt...

#7 ·
Having once had a tackle box returned to me by a stranger who found an old license of mine in it I have to say thanks for what your doing Sully. I hope that you find the people who lost the items.

It also reminds me that I don't have my name & phone number on my freshwater fly boxes. More things on the to do list.

#8 ·
Neat way to identify your gear in case it ever gets lost is to use mailing labels with a piece of clear shipping tape. Works great on items like fly boxes, rods, etc. Would hate to loss a fly box. Too much time entrusted in them.

Great Job, Sully.... Hey, I lost my wife over 15 years ago. If you ever find her, please do not return to sender.

#9 ·
I use the white foam large flyboxes for stripers and dropped in on Monomoy one day. It looks like a rectangular piece of styrofoam to the uninitiated. I went back to find it and saw a lady with her kids playing as they walked the sand, picking stuff up as they went. She had a plastic bag and was carrying out the trash that people left behind. I asked if I could look in the bag and there it was. She thought it was a piece of beach trash... phew!

I now put my name inside my flyboxes just in case - although she probably would have dropped it in the trash can at the parking lot that day.

#14 ·
RayStachelek (04-17-2001 05:02 p.m.):
John -

I used to call my X, the Gold miner's daughter. She got the gold, and I got the shaft. Is all legal now John. Can't get even with me this time with this post.
Ray,
That reminds me of an old Rodney Dangerfield joke. " My ex-wife believed in group sex. She F*cked me in front of the jury."

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.