Fly Fishing Forum banner

FINAL ROSTER - Rip Trip III August 26th (no alternate date)

3K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  Cman 
#1 ·
<center><b><font color="ff0000">*** FINAL HEADCOUNT ***</center></b></font><!--color-->

The following have committed to the Rip Trip on Saturday August 25th, known as Rip Trip III. Do not confuse this with Rip Trip II, which will be held on Friday August 25th (the day before).

Read the other posts to see the details on Rip Trips and confirm with Keith of Rip Ryder (www.monomoyislandferry.com) before leaving for Chatham unless you check the board for last minute announcements. The only sure way is to check with Keith.

Briefly, be at the Morris Island Rd. causeway in Chatham by 6:30 am on Sat. 8/26/00 with $25 in hand. Bring what you need to spend a day on a primitive and beautiful island refuge... water, sunblock, light colthing layers, sunglasses, food, etc. The boat picks up around 4:30 pm on the return run.

Flies should include large sand eels, pogies, and squid. Bright attrator patterns seemed to work well in the fast tide rip. The fish are big, fat and bright and fight like the dickens. Good luck!

1) Nick Svencer
2) Charles W
3) Bigcat
4) Brian Z
5) Carmelo
6) Fred A
7) Jay
8) Diane
9) Bill S
10) Gregg
11) Craig
12) Dave P

Waitlist:

a) Roop
b) Mike Doogue
c) John Morin

<b>If you are on the confirmed list and can't make it we need to know NOW so the waitlisted can make plans.</b>

thanks,

Juro

See less See more
#4 ·
Pete -

You never know, if someone drops out you're on the wait list. I believe Roop and John are confirmed on the 25th so you are nearer the top of the list - we'll confirm this after this weekend.

Safe journey from Calgary,
Juro

#8 ·
Juro,
If someone else can fill my spot on this trip, let them have it. I have another obligation this weekend on Saturday that just came up. I am not really thrilled about it, but I am going to have to miss out. If no one from the waitlist is able to fill my spot, I am more than willing to make up the missing cash for the trip. I am really sorry about this.
Nick

#11 ·
Revised Headcount -

1) <font color="ff0000"> Nate Smith - replaces Nick </font><!--color-->
2) Charles W
3) Bigcat
4) Brian Z
5) Carmelo
6) <font color="ff0000"> Bob Pink Jr - replaces Fred A </font><!--color-->
7) Jay
8) Diane
9) Bill S
10) Gregg
11) Craig
12) Dave P

Once again, be at the Monomoy Refuge HQ at 6:30 am. Look for a last minute update before you leave for the refuge, if there's any doubt call Keith at Rip Ryder to confirm. We are subject to cancellation due to weather and/or seas.

First on waiting list = FrenchCreek (Pete from Calgary who is on the Friday run)

#13 ·
Bigcat - the rules are all members should expect to pay no more than $30. That means ten people are quorum; we still got 11. You're off the hook! Too bad though, I have a sneaky suspicion the rip's gonna deliver. Knock on wood.

Catch you on the next clave - and get some sleep!

#17 ·
BTW, I'm driving in from Hartford Saturday am, up I84E to Mass Pike E, then to I495S, and so on. Will fish all day, then possibly have a bite with anyone interested, before heading back to CT. If there's anyone along the way who would like to drive together, am willing to discuss.
My phone # is listed above.

Carmelo

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.