Fly Fishing Forum banner

Pontoon Boat dealers in Terrace BC

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  BeBop 
#1 ·
The only place I know of that might sell these sort of craft is the gas station/sporting goods store along the highway. Does anyone know any other possible dealers in Terrace?

#3 ·
You sound in a hurry.....

Hey Pesc. There is a full service fishing and hunting store right in town (Terrace)I would be suprised if they didn't have "craft". For that matter what about Southeastern Outfitters in Ketchikan? Don't tell me you are already "in country" I'm still a week away!

#4 ·
I'm still here in the rain and will be through this week. No pontoon boats to be had in K-town, but I figured I could find one in Terrace. I only know the one place there and they sure seem to have a good selection of flys and fly gear and I can fill up my tank there to boot!

I probably sound a bit hurried because I just found out the local "pontoon boat" I was planning on using has 6' long pontoons! More like a float tube. Made me a bit concerned that I'd be bank bound.... not that that's such a bad thing in some locales mind you!

#5 ·
Just now I have made my "Plan"...

So here it is , I'm out of here after my appointment with "somebody" at 0802 on Monday the 8th. I will drive until dark and pull over and restart at first light. this will put me in the AO in the late afternoon of 9/9. Hopefully there will be enough daylight to position everything and cut enough "dry firewood" to make good the first night in camp.
Actually I could look around and see whats happening on the used float boat scene here or for that matter if the time thing works I could just deliver one to you from one of the many shops around here.
I have been paying attention to the KTN weather, I feel your pain!
Here ,its so nice, I face the question "do I really want to go someplace where it will be raining and get dark early and be cold"? Sounds like the winter here, and yes I want to go there!
No tight lines till we meet on the bonny bonny banks of the ..........!

#6 ·
Pescaphile, if you can't find another pontoon boat buy an innertube and place it under the seat of your 6' boat. Buy one big enough that when it is inflated it wedges between the pontoons. Usually there are straps under the seat that when loosened will accomodate the tube slipping between them and the seat. I used this trick for several years with my old 6' pontoon boat. I floated several rivers with it, and I'm a big guy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.