Fly Fishing Forum banner

Could it be? A PNW Greaseliner's Convention this fall?

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  juro 
#1 ·
Roop, Nate, Jay and I have all shown a real interest flying out from Boston to dry line steelhead this fall. Smitty (Rod Builders Workshop) will be out terrorizing salmon and steelhead on Vancouver Island. We have a great contingent of hardcore steelheaders in the Forum readership out there... and there is a potential for a <b>Greaseliner's Clave</b> this fall.

By the sound of the summer success rate thus far it should be a fantastic fall steelhead year.

Any early info on the hooknose season?

#3 ·
Please keep us posted on your travel plans as far in advance as possible. I'd like to show up with scotch in hand to thank several of you personally for the outstanding information and advice I've garnered from the board.

Crusty

For God so loved the world He didn't send a committee.

Anon

#4 ·
Juro,

Let's look to nail some times down. Are we talking Sept, October, or Nov? I'm still looking at the first week of Nov as my week at the Thompson. Brian are you planning on going this year? Jeff will be coaching again!

Fall rivers the Snake, Clearwater, Kalama, Cowlitz, NF Lewis, Deschutes, Sky, Sno, Gold, Stamp, RHB's campbell, Quinsam, the whole OP.

Don't forget the Silvers!!!

andre

#5 ·
Hello Crusty, and welcome.

I appreciate the offer to hit a flask with you - we do savor our single malts on the river in this community. I'll be sure to provide plenty of advance notice on travel plans, and look forward to fishing with the gang this fall. Looks like a superb summer run season!

regards,
Juro

#6 ·
Andre wrote:

> Juro,
> Let's look to nail some times down. Are we talking Sept, October, or Nov?
> I'm still looking at the first week of Nov as my week at the Thompson. Brian
> are you planning on going this year? Jeff will be coaching again!
>
> Fall rivers the Snake, Clearwater, Kalama, Cowlitz, NF Lewis, Deschutes,
> Sky, Sno, Gold, Stamp, RHB's campbell, Quinsam, the whole OP.
>
> Don't forget the Silvers!!!

Yeehah! Love that kind of talk. I have three things to consider with respect to dates - (a) daughter needs to be moved to her dorm (b) Smitty and son are on Vancouver Island late Aug - early Sept. and I'd like to hook up if possible and (c) new job means I need to borrow vacation time during important quarter. I guess we'd also need to consider dates when Nate, Jay, and possibly Jeff - could make it.

I'd like to figure it out so everything works for everybody but I suspect it'll be in September before the coho season ends.

Is there a fixed non-quota based coho season this year? Anyone know?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.