Fly Fishing Forum banner

Mexico on $1400 a week

3K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Philster 
#1 ·
There was talk last year about a mexico "bluewater" trip. An outfitter I worked with last fall to set up my Hurricane trip is advertising a 7 day, 6 days in the boat trip for $1400 (double occupancy) which includes airfare from Los Angeles. This is to Loreto Mexico (BCS) which is the Dorado capitol of the world from mid June till September. The only problem I have with this trip is that 6 days in the boat is possibly more than I personally can handle:eek: Them fishies pull hard!

Food may not be included, I'm not sure, but $20 a day will put lobster in front of you :D

Any interest?

#4 ·
Actually, I'm not doing that trip anymore, as the friend I was going with had to schedule a trip to Hong Kong in July(this was before SARS histeria) so I booked a different trip since July was his idea not mine. I'm leaving next week, May 1st through 6th for La Paz! I would have mentioned it here, but since there were no responses for about a month to the original post, I figured you guys just talk about bluewater fishing and don't actually do it :hehe:

As to the trip I initially posted, it includes NO gear. For 200 dollars a day for lodging, 6 days in a guided boat AND airfare from Los Angeles, you can't expect them to put rods in your hands too! I would highly recommend going, especially if you've never done saltwater with a capitol "S" before. It's as "guaranteed" as you're going to get. You WILL catch fish, and some of them WILL kick your butt. If you're interested I'll get you the info.

#5 ·
Philster,

Didn't realize this thread was dated...

I would love it if you could send over the info. Seems like a very reasonable price for that many days of guided fishing and I'm looking to do a FF trip this fall. Have always wanted to tangle with a Dorado on the fly. From what I have read and seen on TV they go nuts when hooked and are beautiful creatures.

Thanks!

Dave

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.