Fly Fishing Forum banner

Bushwacking to first fish

2K views 14 replies 14 participants last post by  Tod D 
#1 · (Edited)
I might have had a meeting on the Cape yesterday and gone for a hike with an old buddy.

We might have followed one Cape river way inside only to find large boils in the water and bait getting sprayed across the brackish water.

We possibly could have quickly jogged back to the truck and we were quickly tangling fly lines trying to get a cast out.

To make a long story short, experience always pays off + it might help to have a dog to find the fish for you...

See less See more
#2 ·
Man I'm so torn. With you as the reporter and the penguin holding the fish, I hold serious reservations on the authenticity. :) But, my winter blues and those vivid stripes have me wanting to believe!

IF its true, sure beats the trout I caught in Walden's practicing for NZ. Although they were my first trout ever on a fly, so that was pretty cool.

#13 ·
As you can see, Pete's a heck of a roll caster! Nabbed that one one right out of John's open window. Hey pete! You missed April fools day. That was 14 days ago. You can fool me once but not twice as most of you know!

Phil

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.