Fly Fishing Forum banner

Found

3K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  Todd Ripley 
#1 ·
Found!

Found one Sage/Abel outfit on the Skagit. Everything appears to be intact. The reel will probably need to be cleaned though. I.D. the model of rod and reel, where it was lost, along with HOW it was lost, and you can reclaim it. P.M. me.

#6 ·
Found!

Sometimes I believe in karma, sometimes I don't. Right now I am believing very strongly. Today I was very glad to be able to return the rod/reel combo to its rightful owner. Believe me I know what it is like to lose something like that. Afterwards I went - what else - fishing. I hit three steelhead today! Landed one 6-7pound hatchery doe (tonight's dinner), lost one of around 8-10 pounds, and landed a SLAB NATIVE BUCK ABOUT 14-15 pounds! My first native for 2004. I'm a happy, happy, happy!

ex nihilo. Just glad to see you get it back! By the way, what is the meaning/significance of your "handle"?

#7 ·
RA-

That sounds like some seriously good Karma. What goes around comes around,even works on the good side too!!!

But that fishing report is killing me. Stuck at home and off the river since T-giving. Soon, very soon, the miles will start piling up on the truck to get a chance at some winter steel.

William

#8 ·
William, if you don't want to drive 'so far ..'

you can come up and play on the Rogue with JD Jones and me.

Game dept is predicting a good run of winter steelhead .... and if it was anything on a par with this falls fishing it will be banana's. In roughly a 5 month period (summer steelhead, Fall Kings, and Coho) we had over 60,000 fish through the counter into the top 30 miles of the Rogue.

Total run (into the Applegate, Illinois, etc., etc., was estimated as high as 200,000 fish over the same period. That boys and girls is one heck of a lot of fish .... for just ONE river.
:smokin:

And if you very, very good ... I might even consider leting you play with your 'old toys.'
:hehe:

In context here: William Olson makes custom fly reels (probably amoung other things) and is an out standing rod builder. He was kind enough to sell me two of his Burkie's. Grand rods, and built with true grace.

#13 ·
Just wanted to let you all know that thanks to Todd's heads up alert to me that someone might have found my flybox, I am now getting it back. I thought it was lost for sure but thanks to good honest people, I will have it soon. Thanks everyone, especially Todd.
-Thomas Buehrens

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.