Fly Fishing Forum banner

Are you ready...

3K views 16 replies 5 participants last post by  juro 
#1 ·
...JimS

Good luck in Oz.

Just dug this photo out Jim, thanks again for all your help in 2005.

See less See more
#6 ·
Juro, you are correct...

Sandy Neck, as I recall. It was one of those in-between tides times on the elbow, and just needed to check for activity on that side. The three other guys in the photo, are Matt, Stevo, and Silas. Three hardcore fishermen from the UK. Oops, Matt has just relocated to Sydney, Australia.

Stevo, will see you in June with the contingent? Thanks for the picture. As Penguin said, only 3.5 months until our strriped friends return.

Incidentally, I recall that you had some absolutely beautiful photos around the cape that you took last year. Might be good to share one periodically to get us our of the winter doldrums.

#7 ·
jimS said:
Incidentally, I recall that you had some absolutely beautiful photos around the cape that you took last year. Might be good to share one periodically to get us our of the winter doldrums.
Jim
The best pictures are from that fantastic day we all had on Morris Island. It's one I'll never forget! Do you remeber the huge cow that chased Matts hooked Striper?

I particularly like this one. He was sound asleep when I took the photo and doesn't know... Till now! :chuckle:

#8 ·
Dedicated striper fisherman...

not. I think we wore him out on the death march down to the end of Morris.

I have thought about that gigantic striper that followed Matt's schoolie. Maybe, just maybe, we need to give thought to a schoolie striper fly. What we do know, is the big boys are there!

Not long...

#9 ·
"Oops, Matt has just relocated to Sydney, Australia." JimS

Hmmmm...DEFINITELY need to use wire leader in those waters....maybe he'll come up with a pattern for the REALLY BIG boys...a Surfer Fly??? Is there a size 16/0 hook???:eek:
Flydoc

#12 ·
Stevo, you went and did it! Only 2.5 months, but who's counting? The story goes that Matt went there for a two week fishing trip. It was so good, he quit his job and stayed six weeks. Matt produced a video called the Rimfly Challenge. It is a contest to see who can land a longtail tuna using a click-drag reel. Silas won the contest, only after burning his hand while palming the spool.

I hooked a seal last summer, and suspect the longtails are similar. Thanks for the photo.

#14 ·
jimS said:
Matt produced a video called the Rimfly Challenge. It is a contest to see who can land a longtail tuna using a click-drag reel.
I have a copy of the 'Rimfly Challenge' - that Matt made for me. Shame we can't get someone to host it, as it has one of the best fly fishing footages I've ever seen!

#16 ·
Stevo, what a beautiful sunset and memories of a great time in the waning days of summer. As I look outside this a.m., it is 19 degrees F, but for a change the sun is shining. Three months and the games begin.

Some nice bluefish were caught on top that day, along with some nice schoolie bass.

Thanks again for a nice photo to help get us thru the winter doldrums.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.