Fly Fishing Forum banner

Old School

5K views 49 replies 21 participants last post by  doogue 
#1 ·
See less See more
#6 ·
I knew I would pay for that schoolie picture! You don't miss a thing dude

Oh and Mr.Gesner... not on a FLY }>

(I just love that picture though... really has that B&W New England monster gamefish thing to it, like looking at Tony S.'s pictures, etc. Inspiring.)

#9 ·
Back n forth, basck n forth, Juro Lefty Juro Lefty. This thread is like flycasting. Good to have a laugh and I sincerly hope you guys do well at the elbow this weekend. I'll be in the deep cold waters up north. I was telling Juro how I hooked a striper in Beverly last week. Once it was at the boat it darted straight down 30 feet to the bottom. I saw my whole QD tip dissapear + 10 more feet at least. We don't catch many up north but we see different things. Good luck! I promise not to cringe too much when I read the reports on Monday.

TerryW

#11 ·
October Caddis (08-30-2001 02:31 p.m.):
Any idea how old that pic is?
The skiff in the back ground looks to have an old 5 or 10 hp Johnson outboard. Anyone guess on how big that fish is? I'll guess 57.4 lbs!
OC
Sounds like a good trivia question...

without contacting the captain, Smitty, or asking anyone - guess the year and the weight for a flyline of your choice ($50 cap).

One guess per entry, contest concludes one week from today (September 6th).

Go!

#15 ·
2000 2oz. Oh, you mean the black and white striper. I guess 1957 and 46lbs.

Price is right rules (closest without going over) or just closest?

#19 ·
Excellent point Cadis... that's what I was straining for... looks like a high quality cigar.. It is flatened out a bit... may have been sitting on it... But the front cut and size looks too good to be US even at that time... Maybe boxed... I would say Havana.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.