Fly Fishing Forum banner

Plymouth 2/22

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  juro 
#1 ·
I put the boat in at 6am and took a buddy out for macks. The NE was honking and we blasted out to the Gurnet and did the mack thing. Very messy. I had planned on fishing for Cod off Duxbury but the seas were just to nasty for it to be what I'd call recreation. I dropped my buddy off at the dock (didn't hit it this time :))and headed back out to explore the bay. I have a mental chart of much of the inner bay but the yak only got me so far, I figured this would be a good time to expand my knowledge. I planned on learning some of the structure that would be exposed at low tide. Booted around here there and everywhere, lots of herring in certain spots but I was not really actively fishing, until.

I was navigating the edge of one of the flats when I saw the terns gather. YES! I did bring a flyrod, just in case:hehe: . To make a long story short I got into a blitz and had to myself for 40 minutes before another boat came along. A couple of fish pushed the mark but most were ~20", no rats and very aggresive. What a blast, the boat is a virgin no more.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.