Fly Fishing Forum banner

Urgent -- One last push for C & R

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  sinktip 
#1 ·
As of this afternoon, there are 3-4 wildlife commissioners sitting on the fence for Saturday's vote on C & R for Washington's wild steelhead.

Please take a minute and e-mail the commission and let them know you are encouraging them to support Option 1, the mandatory release without exception of all wild steelhead. (Make sure this language is in the first line of your message.)

It is less important this time to draft it in your own words. There is only one day to make a difference and shear numbers will speak volumes. Please send this today and encourage your fishing friends to do so as well.

Juro -- If you feel this is appropriate for the other forums, please copy it over. We have one chance to push this over the top and if we miss it, it may take years to get another.

The commission address is
commission@dfw.wa.gov

Thanks for your effort!

Duggan

See less See more
#2 ·
I'd like to stress the point the comission members are VERY VERY VERY undecided on this issue!!! As it stands right now I would NOT!!!!!1 expect statewide WSR without exception. I would however to expect the comission to "throw us a bone" just to placait us. My gess is we will see a 1 a day 10 a year limit. I and several others had dinner with a comission member tonight and we left rather pessemistic. I will be shocked if we get WSR without exception.

#3 ·
Rob,

Enough with that negative energy man :)

I'm not quite where you are but agree it will be an uphill battle. The commission member you had dinner with was a longshot and we had him penciled into the anti-option 1 camp. There are however three or four other members that are still fence sitting. We need only sway two of those to get the needed votes. Besides, Option 2 is no bone, it is just more of the same we need to kill them to save them BS.

Don't give up yet!

#5 · (Edited)
Sinktip I just call them like I see them I'll be optomistic when I see in a press release that the comission has voted for WSR without exception. WDFW steelhead managers are dead set against it. They hate the idea of WSR. I'll believe a change when I see a change. We will see what happens Saturday I'll be hoping for the best but not expecting it.. I am saying this to encourage people to send in e-mails nt to discourage them.

#6 ·
Keep it up!

The latest word out of Olympia is that this last minute show of support has turned some heads. It is still to close to call but it looks like at least one fence sitter is looking at the response level and is now leaning towards C & R.

Please send a letter if you haven't. If you have, make sure all your friends have as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.