Fly Fishing Forum banner

Family Clave 2001

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  TinMan 
#1 ·
Well, my wife said she wants to learn to fly fish and my son gets very upset if I leave for work with my BNTC cap on (thinks I'm going fishing w/o him).

It's about 2 months till start of trout season and with all the great place to fish and picnic around here, I think I'd like to plan/meister a family clave. I'd sure appreciate a co-meister(s)!

Personally, I think it would behoove us all if wives/SO's got to know each other. Who knows, could turn into a few extra days fishing this year!

I'm thinking Hopkinton or somesuch where there are BarBQ's or just tables we can picnic at.

Open for any and all suggestions!

I'm thinking April 21st (Saturday).

See less See more
#2 ·
I think it's a great idea Mike. The idea has been kicked around here a few times but we haven't put it all together.

I won't have a family to bring (Anyone know any single flyfishing women out there?) but that would free me up to help with instruction if someone doesn't mind me passing on my bad habits to their children or wives.

#3 ·
Cool idea, we should look into it. I also don't mind helping out and will see if the family is interested in attending. My son has an interest in FF but the rest are into more into a visit to the mall. I could force them, but then they'd drag me to the mall

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.