Fly Fishing Forum banner

CATTARAUGUS CLAVE DATE SET

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  HawgFlies 
#1 ·
Based on conversations with the Catt area guides and locals, we've decided on the 15th and 16th of October this year.

We expect to have the Kustich brothers, Oak Orchard and Buffalo Outfitters sponsoring, with a whole lot more details will follow including location etc. DIY lodging and transportation. Lunch BBQ sponsored by the Flyfishing Forum.

We might get a certain special guest appearance as well, I am working on it.

Private or small group lessons available, contact me by PM for details.

#6 ·
There is a poster and more info in the works... but in the mean time here is text
from last year updated for 2005... (subject to change)

Notes:
We moved the location to Gowanda for convenience, lodging, eateries, road access, etc. We opened up time for fishing on sat AM and sun PM, so you can get the time on the reservation waters you want before and after. This agenda is subject to revision.

Registration is required You can just reply here, there is no fee to attend. We need a headcount for the Sat video / presentation dinner, planning for number of rods to have ready, and general planning purposes.

Clave Agenda (proposed)

Date: Oct 15-16 2005

Saturday 10/15/05:
(morning fishing or private lessons)
11:30-12:30 - BBQ and introductions (PRE-registration required)
12:30pm - 3:00pm : Spey Casting Presentations from Instructors
3:00pm - 5:30pm : Rod sampling, Interactive casting tune-ups with instructors
6:00 - whenever : Group dinner, location TBD (in Gowanda)

Featuring:
- Alaska fishing slide show etc. Libations somewhere afterwards
- more tbd

Sunday 10/16/05
9:00am - 12noon : Spey Presentations II
12noon - 1:00pm: Lunch break
1:00pm... Additional presentations -or- Interactive casting tune-ups with instructors, casting open house

Area Lodging:
http://www.holimont.com/displaylodging.asp
Suggested: Microtel Inn & Suites, Springville 592-3141

Private Lessons:
There is still room to join my small private lesson group. Full morning on Saturday with a Sunday follow-up. Please PM me if you would like to participate.

Currently Registered Participants: (updated daily) TBD

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.