Fly Fishing Forum banner

Surf Candy

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  striblue 
#1 ·
As I mentioned earlier, I did get some Unique Hair, and this is the results of my Surf Candy using this material, its my first so I will tewk it some, and I'm sure the next few will show some improvement.

John, I took your advise, I did use glass and my bodkin for a mixing the Epoxy, and the result will show in this fly.
Thanks Guy's
Joe

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
ok-my-spacebar-is-broken-on-my-home-computer-so-I-need-to-put-dashes-between-words.You-need-to-pull-the-material-up-parrallel-to-the-shank-and-let-the-first-coat-set-while-holding-it-in-place.It-should-look-like-what-you-posted-but-higher-on-the-shank-----Then-put-the-second-coat-on-slowly-and-evenly----and-rotate-the-fly-in-your-vise.---This-will-automatically-give-you-smoth-even-application-without-the-rough-look.---continue-rotating-until-the-seond-coat-until-it-has-set..Try-without-themylar-tubing-so-it-is-easier-to-practice.Goodluck.---Poplovi's-book-describes-this-process-in-detail.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.