Fly Fishing Forum banner

Margaree

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  mswsalar 
#1 ·
Any one know a nice place to stay on the Margaree? Like perhaps a private cabin, or a place with some esthetics. I usually dont like bringing my wife to a low end, one room fishing motel. Dont want to sound like a snob, but I've paid my dues in the past.....and now like to treat myself and my wife to a nice envirnment.

Thanks in advance for any info......

Howie

#2 ·
There are several nice places in the Margaree area:
The Normaway has nice cottages, some with fireplaces and jacuzzi.
Cajun cottages are nice as well.
Cranton cottages are also nice and a short walk to the Fahey Pool
River Trail has nice cottages also, one away from the main group and is also a short walk to the river.
Also, at the mouth of the river are Whale Cove cottages, with a neat beach to explore when not fishing

Other places as well, but I am familiar with these.

Good luck, and pray for lots of rain

#5 ·
Thanks

Thanks to all. I think I've got all the information I need. The internet is an amazing thing. You can ask a question that may have taken weeks or even a "blind" trip to answer.....but instead, you get answers and websites within 24 hours. Quite amazing.

And this forum mirrors the "class" of fisherman that appreciate the esthetic and challenge of the great salar.

Howie

#6 ·
After October 15 on the Margaree??

I just read the regulations for the Margaree off one of the sites, and it says they close some water on October 15......some stretches, branches, and tributaries. This is of concern due to the fact that I can probably only get away the last week of October.

They say some sections stay open through Oct 31. Does the closings on October 15 make it more crowded on the sections that are kept open?? Sounds like it should. Also, is the water that is kept open, prime water?

All info is welcome.

Howie

#7 ·
Crowded?? If you don’t like the social aspect of fishing public water then the Margaree may not be for you! I have fished late fall and had success but did spend a fair amount of time on the bench waiting for my rotation. Still a great time and beautiful country. Just don’t expect solitude, you will be let down!
Pal

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.