Fly Fishing Forum banner

Fishing tomorrow

3K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  MJC 
#1 ·
I am within an hour of my weekend starting. For a short week this has been one of the hardest weeks at work for some time.

I will be fishing tomorrow. I don't care if there is fish or not. I could care less what rod; graphite or bamboo, reel; drag or click pawl, line; floater, sink tip or silk, fly; SS or skunk. It does not matter who else is at the river. I don't care if you cork me or step in behind me but by all means do say hello. All that matters is that I will be fishing.

#5 ·
Brian, I can read code....

...an you shoud'n be talkin bout my momma like dat! :chuckle:

Kerry, Amen brother. I regularly go to the river after work when it's too hot, I'm too tired, there's a river full of punks splashin all over hell, the sherrif chopper is flying 30 feet over my head looking for crack heads and the homeless are circling my truck like vultures lookin to rip something off they can sell quick. But AT LEAST I'M FISHING!!!! (Welcome to sunny California!) :smokin:

#7 ·
Kerry,

If you get tired of just fishing and want to catch some 40 inch fish, and I mean a lot of them, let me know and I will send you one of my special flies. :cool:

Until then, enjoy those trips to the river. They keep me somewhat sane.

'tip

#8 ·
It is really special and amazing to see someone selflessly help others catch fish. In this woorld of cold hard steelheaders life struly beautifull when some who honestly figured out a flly that is irresistable to steelhead , is willing to share that treasure and experince with his fellow man.

this website restores my faith in humanity.

Cheers from someone sitting at N I's computer :D

#11 ·
Sinktip,

I need your help. I need your flies. I saw 2 fish caught today. Both were taken right out of my hip pocket. One by the dean of the river which was not to hard to take but the other one by a young whipper snapper still wet behind the ears. It must be my flies. What else could explain not one but two fish getting past me? Please help. I can't stand much more of this humiliation. I feel as if I am a total failure as a steelhead fisherman. I will not be able to show my keyboard on those other boards.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.