Fly Fishing Forum banner

multi-tip flylines

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  MJC 
#1 ·
Does anyone have a preference for a certain brand of multi-tip flyline.I purchased a Cortland last year and had some problems.I had the line replaced and noticed they made a drastic change to the loop system.I didn't particularly like the change.A few days ago I picked up an Airflow multi-tip system and was really impressed with the loops.They are very different.They are small,very smooth with no knots and made of a very different material.Does anyone know how well these loops hold up?How do the Cortland and Airflow lines compare to the other models out there?I am considering trading my Cortland in on a different brand as I don't like the loop system(each loop is almost 2" long and made of Spectra).There is a very large gap between the flylines and I would have thought that this would interfere with the lines ability to turn over properly.Has anyone tried this line?What were your impressions?

#2 ·
multi-tip lines

Tonyd
In my opinion the Airflo multi-tip lines are great. I really like the
ones I have. However I also like Cortland products but never had one of their multi-tip lines. You could coat those loops with Aqua Seal, but if you don't like them I wouldn't keep the line. If you don't like it now you will most likely always hate it. Spend your money for a line that makes you happy. I would trade it for a straight floater and some 10' poly leaders in float, fast sink, s-fast sink, and extra s-fast sink. I think the 10' sinking poly leaders work great. You may have to cut your line tip back 2' or so although the guys using the new Airflo Delta lines are fishing the polys right off the tip. There is some more on the poly leaders on Dana's board under the new S A line thread and the Airflo line thread.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.