Fly Fishing Forum banner

Bronzeback Clave

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Nathan Smith 
#1 ·
Are we still thinking about doing this. I would like to?

#2 ·
Yeah so would I! Hopefully the fish are still inshore. It would have to be the middle of this week in NH or else we'd need to go to Maine.

Boats would be required. Nothing huge, just something to get from the launch to the 'honey hole'.

Even one boat with three people would be worth it provided the fishery is still at the peak period before / after spawn.

Any boaters interested?

#4 ·
Juro and Nathan,

A buddy has a camp up in the Lakes Region and went up last weekend. He reported that the bass are starting to come into the shallows to spawn, but it was just at the beginning. He reported good success in a small boat fishing with flies. A biologist from that area told me that the first three weeks of June are his favorite time - especially right around the second week. He had a tremendous amount of local knowledge about the fishery up there, unfortunatley, he has since retired [so he can pursue fishing full-time]. I am startin a new job and in the process of moving once again, so I cannot commit to the trip (also precluded me from going on that Monomoy trip - which should be an absolute blast. Such is life, but if you guys are going to do it, then the time is right around the corner.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.